Thursday, October 2, 2008

Strange But True

Years ago I met someone whose wife was an artist.  They lived in Paris, I lived in New York.   Until that neither of us knew anything about each other's work.  But her husband saw my work hanging in my then office.   He commented to me that my style was similar to his wife's.  I found that interesting.  He then told her.  Later a few weeks went by and a couple of us from work went to his place...and I saw for myself it was true.  Our styles were similar...and even more so our palettes were the same.    It reminded me when I saw an exhibition at MOMA of Picasso and Braque's work side by side.  Those two knew each other...in my case it wasn't the case.  She and I have met a few times over the years...and each time we are both struck by the similarities our works take.

No comments: