Sunday, August 3, 2008

Style Evolution

I've noticed over time, that my style evolves right after I've entered a dry period. Writers experience "Writer's blocks", I experience "Dry Periods". These are periods of time that I want to paint, but just don't have anything to express...or it just seems that way.

When I was younger, I used to think these meant something, like I wasn't really an artist, after all arent'artists always creating? Now I realize that it's just part of the process. Something that happens. For me these dry periods have always resulted in a shift in my painting style.

What I see appearing on the canvas is still expressive, but the style is a different than what I was producing a year ago...and the palette is changing too. I'm excited to find where this one takes me and for how long.

No comments: